To our Patients and Referring Doctors:
In light of the rapidly growing concerns of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in Houston, our practice wants you to be informed of the precautions we have undertaken to ensure the health and safety of our patients and employees.
We are still seeing patients on our regular schedule. However, we understand that we are also in both flu and allergy season, so if you feel unwell in any way, we encourage you to reschedule your appointment with us for a later date so that you can recover at home. If you answer “Yes” to any of these questions, please call our office and we will help you to find a better time to visit us.
- Have you traveled outside the continental U.S. in the last 14 days?
- Have you traveled to/from any high-risk areas in the U.S. or abroad in the last 14 days?
- Have you come into contact with any confirmed COVID-19 patients within the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone close to you had fevers or respiratory problems in the last 14 days?
- Did you attend an event or gathering where you could have come into contact with anyone who was later diagnosed with COVID-19?
Just as we have asked of our patients, our staff has also been advised to stay home if they feel ill in any way.
As always, our office maintains strict infection control protocols during all phases of your treatment. Our practice adheres to ADA, CDC, and OSHA guidelines at all times and treatment tools and rooms are completely disinfected after each patient. All common areas are also cleaned and disinfected regularly. We will continue to follow all normal infection control protocols, including encouraging our staff to wash their hands frequently and providing hand sanitizer for our patients. We have installed air purification systems to ensure that the air is routinely filtered throughout the offices.
The best way to be protected is to stay informed. If you have any questions about the Coronavirus, call the Houston Health Department’s COVID-19 Call Center at (832) 393-4220. Reliable information and tips can also be found online through:
- Houston Health Department: houstontx.gov/health
- Houston Emergency Operations Center: HoustonEmergency.org
- Center for Disease Control: cdc.gov
Our priority has always been your safety, health and wellbeing and we appreciate your trust in us. We are continually monitoring the news and announcements from the medical field regarding the spread of COVID-19 and we are updating our policies accordingly.
Please call our office if you have any questions.
The Doctors & Staff at Medical Center Endodontics